|Name||United Europe and Latvia|
|Status||Compulsory/Courses of Limited Choice; Courses of Free Choice|
|Level and type||Undergraduate Studies, Academic|
|Field of study||Social Science|
|Academic staff||Aleksejs Šņitņikovs|
|Credit points||2.0 (3.0 ECTS)|
1. Essence of a joint Europe..
2. Joint European institutions..
3. Secure integration of economic, social and political aspects..
4. Latvia and the European Union: perspectives and problems..
5. What the Lisbon Treaty means in the development of the EU with .
Goals and objectives
of the course in terms
of competences and skills
|Study Aim: To enable students to take advantage of the opportunities available through the EU, thereby becoming informed and well-rounded citizens. Objectives: 1. The ability to discern the existence of the impartiality of the EU and the need for every EU citizen's support. 2. Making a closer connection of the individual's needs and values to the values of the European Union. Knowing how to act under the general principles of democracy. 3. EU information resources.|
1. Understanding the work of the EU and how it effects the quality
of life for every citizen.
- Discussion of the topic. (passed)
2. Comprehending the common policies between Latvian and EU politics. - In-class role play regarding these policies. (passed)
3. Knowledge of the decision- making processes according to the dominant ideologies of the European Union. - Group Workshop: Developing and making political decisions. (passed)
4. Awareness of the opportunities made available by the European Union and how they can impact the individual. - A discussion to acquaint the student with the possible advantages available to them will follow. (passed)
|Course prerequisites||High school’s course of modern history.|