|Name||Labour Protection and Occupational Safety|
|Status||Compulsory/Courses of Limited Choice|
|Level and type||Undergraduate Studies, Professional|
|Field of study||Civil Safety|
|Faculty||Institute of Labour and Civil Safety|
|Academic staff||Jānis Ieviņš, Jānis Bērziņš, Guna Bazone|
|Credit points||2.0 (3.0 ECTS)|
Management of labour protection and occupational safety on national, organisational and enterprise level. Development of labour protection policy; planning, implementation, organisation, control, and correction activities; constant maintenance of the system. Audit of enterprises, key elements and principles of occupational risk assessment. Scope, content and practical execution of assessment. Risk assessment system for small and medium-sized enterprises. Methods of evaluation of economic losses incurred to the occupational environment..
Goals and objectives
of the course in terms
of competences and skills
1. Training and instruction on labor protection - In group work, work safety instructions are developed for a specific type of work or profession.
2. Planning and methods of risk assessment and development of a plan of risk prevention measures. - The work of the groups assesses the risks of the work environment and develops a plan of actions indicating the time periods for the elimination of the risks.
3. Organization and implementation of compulsory health examinations for employed persons - Independent work orders are prepared MHC (mandatory health check) card, in connection with the mandatory health checks
4. Selection, application, and maintenance of personal and collective protective equipment - In the case of independent work, choose personal protective equipment according to the relevant work environment risk.
5. Procedures for investigating accidents at work and occupational diseases and selecting preventive measures. - In the work of the teams to conduct an investigation of a specific accident and to draw up an accident investigation report
|Course prerequisites||Mathematics, physics, chemistry|